What to do...
1. Enjoy TED Talks? Start the weekend off smart with three talks in person at Ohio State University on Friday all focused on chemistry findings.
2. It's apple season! If you haven't picked your own apples yet this year, head over to Lynd's Fruit Farm, Cherry Hawk Farm, or Legend Hill Orchard. If you have all the apples you need, how about the apple butter festival in Mount Gilead?
3. We're closing out Columbus' summer festival season with the Italian Festival going on all weekend in Italian Village.
4. Fashion Week in Columbus kicks off with the most adorable show for a great cause, the Kids Fashion Show gets started on Saturday.
5. Head downtown to eat and shop local at Moonlight Market on Gay Street. It's the last one of the year, so don't miss it!
6. Start your Sunday with Brewga at Zauber... stay for brunch with a side of coffee and beer!
7. Need a little more fall in your life? Head over to Fall Fest in Upper Arlington for pumpkin carving, apple cider sipping, caramel apples, and hay rides. Prefer something downtown? How about Pumpkins on Park with Park Street's pumpkin painting contest.
8. Get a behind the scenes look of local produce being used at some of the most popular local place in Cbus (Seasoned Farmhouse, Middlewest Spirits, and Zauber) with the Ag in the City tour.
Where to eat...
From the same brains as Bodega and Balboa, the grand opening crowds have finally subsided to make Hadley's available without a long wait for their amazing brunch menu.
Where to drink...
The Hills Market downtown is hosting Sip + Spa where you get to pick your poison (wine, beer, or cocktails) with ten samples and appetizers for $15... ten samples!