Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Cauliflower Tacos - total time 30 minutes


I have read a couple articles that have stated that cauliflower is going to be the next big food trend.  I don't think they are going to call it a superfood, but as people are turning to more meatless meals, they are looking for "meaty" vegetables so they don't miss it.  I feel like I saw cauliflower start trending the middle of last year in the foodie/food blogger world, so it's only a matter of I time before it is on every menu!

I used to actually hate cauliflower.  I think it have a weird texture and not a ton of flavor.  But then I tried it roasted!  Put a little spice on these white nuggets and they are delicious!  

So I ordered some cauliflower in my GreenBEAN bins and started trying some different things.  My favorite so far has definitely been the tacos (probably no surprise there).  I have made them a couple times now and each time my husband asks me to put chicken in his (I tell him no).  He begrudging eats it and really likes it!  I don't know how many times we will have to go through the process until he admits that he likes it anytime other than when he is scarfing them down.

These are kind of kitchen sink tacos.  I basically looked in my fridge (and freezer) to see what I had to add to the cauliflower.  Frozen corn from the summer, salsa, and some pepper jack cheese... And I have made it the same way since!  But don't feel like you need to stick to these ingredients.  The cauliflower is definitely the star of this taco and packs some spicy, nutty flavor.  Other roasted veggies would be great... sautéed onions... eggplant... even some shredded chicken.  Make it your own, but make sure to include lots of super trendy roasted cauliflower!



1 head of cauliflower
flour tortillas
1 ear of corn
1 tbsp butter
4 tbsp salsa
1 cup pepper jack, shredded
salt and pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut cauliflower into one inch or smaller chunks.  Lay cauliflower on covered baking sheet, spray a little cooking spray, and sprinkle on some salt, pepper, and chili powder.    Bake for 10 minutes.  
2.  While cauliflower is roasting, thaw corn and cook in medium heat pan with butter, salt, and pepper for a couple minutes.  Shredded the cheese and remove cauliflower from oven... you're ready to start compiling your tacos.
3.  Start each taco with a generous portion of cauliflower.  Add the corn, scoop on some salsa, and sprinkle on the cheese.  You're ready to start feasting!

cauliflower tacos cauliflower tacos cauliflower tacos cauliflower tacos cauliflower tacos cauliflower tacos cauliflower tacos 
cauliflower tacos cauliflower tacos cauliflower tacos cauliflower tacos cauliflower tacos
Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...