Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Kale Chips - total time 30 minutes

DSC06259

Okay, so I am late to jump on the kale chip bandwagon... like, really, really late.  But, in my defense, I have tried kale before and it was so gross, I spit it out.  Things like raw kale is why most people think vegetables are gross and the better something is for you, the worse it tastes (which is totally wrong, except in the case of kale).

Add a little bit of oil, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of parm... bring on some heat... and somehow this bitter leafy green becomes a delicious, salty, crunchy treat!  I have been meaning to try making kale chips for forever.  The longer it sits in your fridge, the more bitter it gets (I hear)... so I have delayed this experiment to avoid another bitter beer face (ha, remember those commercials?!).  But now my feelings toward kale have changed and I even adjusted my Green BEAN order to get more kale!  Consider me converted!


5-8 leaves of kale
olive oil (use a spray to coat the kale with less)
.25 cup parm, shredded
salt and pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Cut kale stem out and discard.  Rip kale leaves into 1-2 inch pieces.
2.  Wash kale and spin/pat dry. 
3.  Spray kale with olive oil (truffle oil would be good too).  Sprinkle salt, pepper and parm on top.  Toss together to fully coat kale with ingredients.
4.  Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are starting to brown to get the kale super crispy.

DSC06248 DSC06249
DSC06252 DSC06256
Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...