Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Take 5 Cupcakes - total time 1 hour


Happy Halloween!  Trick-or-treat is postpone tonight because of a big storm heading our way (it is already getting windy and rainy outside)... so we're watching scary movies tonight instead of passing out candy.

Halloween is probably the most fun holiday.  It's all about sweets and treats, being creative and dressing up, getting scared.  All kinds of cute kids in costumes and fun parties for adults.  What's not to like?!

Every year I make sure to buy a bag of my favorite candy; Take 5.  Then I hide all of them in the bottom of the bowl and act surprised when they're the only candy left after all of the trick-or-treaters have gone home.  I feel like I never see Take 5 candy bars unless it is Halloween, so I have to save some for myself!  I mean, whoever thought to combine these five ingredients is a genius!  

So it seems only logical to turn my favorite candy bar into a cupcake (I mean, I already made a Muddy Buddies version).  Peanut butter frosting is one of my favorites!  Between PB frosting and Baileys frosting, I can't decide which I love more.  These little cakes are so delish... it is really the perfect combination of sweet and salty indulgence!


Cupcake
2.5 cups flour
.75 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
.5 butter
.75 cup sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
salt

.5 cup dark chocolate
.5 cup caramel sauce
25 whole peanuts

Frosting
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2.5 cups powdered sugar

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugar together in mixer.  Add vanilla and eggs, combine at a slower speed.  Add salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
2.  Add .75 cup of flour and .25 cup of cocoa powder into mixer.  Add .25 cup of creme fraiche and combine.  Repeat two more times.
3.  Spoon out batter into mini cupcake liners.  Bake for 14 minutes.
4.  Let cupcakes cool for at least ten minutes.  Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl in microwave or double boiler.  Drizzle caramel and melted chocolate over the cupcakes.
5.  Combine peanut butter and vanilla.  Add powdered sugar one cup at a time until fluffy. 
6.  Pipe frosting on to cupcakes, sprinkle pretzel crumbs on top, and top with a peanut!

DSC05745 DSC05750
DSC05756 DSC05760
DSC05762 DSC05765
DSC05775 DSC05782
Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...