Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Easy Guacamole - total time 5 minutes

DSC05807

Have you ever been scared to try a food?  I was convinced I would not like avocados, there was no way... so I didn't even try it.  Then one day, my friend ordered some guacamole at a Mexican restaurant, I finally got curious and tried it.  I can never look at salsa or queso dip the same way... bring on the guac!  And actually, every California-style sandwich (with avocado) while you're at it!

This was one of the things I made for my cooking night on vacation, which was enchilada night.  Seconds after I put the bowls of guacamole on the table, it disappeared (it might have had something to do with my "dinner time" is two hours later than normal family dinner time).  When we got back home, I realized I have not posted the recipe yet, maybe because I thought it was too simple since it only takes five minutes and it doesn't require any actual cooking.  Then a text message last week reminded me I still have not posted the recipe!

This recipe showcases the avocado without adding too much extra.  I mean, do you really want to mask that buttery flavor?!  Because of the simplicity, you can make a big batch and use it as a sandwich spread, add it to pasta, make tuna salad, or top a side dish.  It is also perfect for game day!


3 ripe avocados
2-3 small tomatoes, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp chili powder
salt and pepper

1. Chop tomatoes and onion.  Scoop out avocados into a medium bowl.
2.  Add remaining ingredients and mash together with a potato masher.

Serve immediately and store with plastic wrap pressed completely against the guac.

To make your own chips... preheat oven to 350 degrees, cut up tortillas, lay on baking sheet, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt on top, bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

DSC05787 DSC05789
DSC05794 DSC05803
  
DSC05798 DSC05800 DSC05797 DSC05805
Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...