Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Berries and Cream Popsicles - total time 4.5 hours


"Summer summer summertime... time to sit back and unwind."  

It is hot out... and it is only going to get hotter!  But I love it!  I would so much rather be hot than cold.  I don't know if anyone else ever saw that game show that aired about ten years ago called The Chamber, but I always thought I could rock the hot "torture" trivia.  Even though I have lived in Ohio all of my life... I'm convinced I was born to live in a warmer climate.

Since it is hot out, our favorite dessert (chocolate chip cookies) are not really an option while we take a break from our oven and make dinner on the grill instead.  To keep our sweet tooth in check and cool off at the same time, I made these berries and cream popsicles using what I got in my produce deliveries (CSA and Green BEAN) and I plan on making blackberry and peach versions of this popsicle.  So the recipe is pretty versatile .. really any fruit will work... and any yogurt (lowfat, flavored, greek) will work too.  Have fun with it!


1 lb. berries
2 cups yogurt
1 tbsp honey

1.  Soak berries in water with a splash of vinegar to clean them. Place popsicle tray or dixie cups in freezer.
2.  Heat berries in a sauce pot with tablespoon of honey for about 10 minutes or until berries start to form a syrup.  Strain mixture to remove seeds.  Allow to cool.
3.  Scoop a spoonful of berry mixture, then a scoop of yogurt, and repeat.  Stick in popsicle stick and put in the freezer for at least four hours.

If it is really hot out, the popsicles will probably just pop out of the molds.  If not, run some room temperature water on the mold or let the popsicles sit out for a few minutes.




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...