Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Pepper Seared Steak - total time 15 minutes


When I make all vegetarian meal plans, I occasionally make things for my husband that he enjoys, but I do not.  One of those things is steak.  Since I don't like steak, I don't make it... so on the rare occasion that I do, I have to look up how to cook it.  I would think there would be endless recipes and instructions online, maybe it is just so simple or people make it so often that they don't need instructions.  But for my benefit, I am posting the directions so in six months I can make it again.  Hopefully it will be helpful to you too!

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Heat pan to medium high.
2.  Cover each side of steak with 1.5 tablespoons of cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt.  Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in pan (it will smoke at the high heat).
3.  Sear each side of steak for 3 minutes.  Finish cooking the steak in the oven for 5 minutes.  Let rest for 5 minutes.



Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...