Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs - total time 40 minutes


My husband's favorite thing is buffalo chicken.  Every time we go out to eat and buffalo chicken sandwich is on the menu, he orders it.  It never fails.  I was cleaning out our freezer and thawing out some meat, one of which ended up being ground chicken (I thought it was chicken cutlets when I pulled it out of the freezer), so I thought... I guess I could make my own buffalo chicken sandwich... in meatball form (could work as a hamburger too).  I don't like blue cheese... but I do like cream cheese.  Kind of similar, right?  Also, I didn't have any bread in the house, just tortillas.  And since we're under a level 2 snow emergency, I made my own buns.

Meatballs
1 lb ground chicken
.25 cup cream cheese
.5 cup bread crumbs
6 tbsp buffalo sauce, divided
1 egg
green onions
salt and pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Combine all ingredient (using only half of the buffalo sauce).  Form into balls.  Place in casserole dish and top with remaining buffalo sauce.
2.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Serve with cream cheese spread on buns.


Buns
2 cups flour
.25 warm water
.25 cup warm milk
1 package of active yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of salt

1.  Combine sugar, warm water, and yeast and let sit for 10 minutes.
2.  Add warm milk, melted butter, salt, and olive oil and stir together.  Add one cup of flour and mix together with bread hook.  Add remaining flour a small amount at a time until dough forms a ball.
3.  Kneed dough until smooth.  Separate into equal amounts, shape, and lay on an oiled pan.  Cover and let sit for 45 minutes (it should double in size). 
4.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Bake for 15 minutes.





Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...