Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Brussel Sprout Gratin - total time 30 minutes

I first tried brussel sprouts when I was a kid, they were microwaved and from the freezer.  Needless to say, I wasn't a big fan.  A few years ago, I decided to give them another try.  Bought some fresh brussel sprouts, sauteed them in butter with salt and pepper, I was a fan.  Others still needed convincing... so I found a recipe for a 'brussel sprout casserole', if you will... tried it out for Thanksgiving and it was a hit!  I love it, especially with white cheddar, yummm!

1 lb. brussel sprouts, quartered
1 cup white cheese (I used white cheddar)
.5 cup cream
.5 cup panko bread crumbs
salt, pepper, red pepper flakes

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add pat of butter to pan.  Add quartered brussel sprouts, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, saute for 7 minutes flipping sprouts every so often.  
3. Transfer brussel sprouts to small casserole dish, add cream and cheese, stir.  Top with panko.  Bake for 15 minutes.
Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...